#Travel

A week in Paderborn | a

6:22 μ.μ.


A week in Paderborn

At the end of last month I went to Paderborn, a beautiful city in Germany. I met students from different countries, like Belgium, Serbia, UK, Egypt, Kazakhstan, Portugal and of course Germany. You may ask why and how I went there, well… I am a student of Informatics engineering and out of the blue, my professor told me about an international project and how important it would be for me if I participate. At first I was like “No, I can’t do it”, “I am not that good” and truth be told I don’t have the experience. But then I thought why not. I will try and I will do my best, because he believes in me. So the journey for me and a fellow student began.
~  fight from Heraklion to Athens ~ 

At the beginning I was so nervous, I hadn’t spoke English for like 4 or 5 years and I didn’t know what to say. We were all strangers, we had nothing to say or we didn’t know how to say it. The working hours were endless and our first priority was to be a team. The first two days the anxiety kicked me. I was nervous and distant, but then the third day I said to myself “This is it, you’ll never be here again. Just do it. Go talk to one of them at the time”, so I took a deep breath, I smiled and I did it.  
~ walking around Paderborn ~ 

Kegeln, german game ~

Despite our differences we managed to work together as a team and at the end of the week we were more than just some strangers… we were friends! I had such a wonderful time with all. I wish we had more free time so I could get to know all of them better. There was this guy, Mohamed, his laugh is the BEST LAUGH I have ever heard in my life, so funny!J

VEGETERIAN FOOD… SO GOOD!!!
The food was so yummy in my tummy, there were dishes that I have never eaten in my life. Honestly, I couldn’t wait to try a different one every day


PADERBORN CITY.
The city was so pretty and well organized, nothing like the streets of Heraklion. Well, truth be told, Heraklion is the living Labyrinth of Greece. The only thing missing from Paderborn is the sun!


~ There and back again! ~

Every adventure requires a first step… you guys are my adventure!
I can’t wait to see you all again.


alea

0 σχόλια